The Solomon Islands Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SICCI) welcomes the appointment of two new Board members in the SICCI Board of Directors.
Honiara businessman Toata Molea and Youth@Work Coordinator Rose Martin were co-opted and approved by the Board to become Board members joining the previously elected Board at the 2017 Annual General Meeting in March.
Ms Martin’s appointment puts three women in the SICCI Board alongside Vice Chair Katalaini Ziru and Board Member Lilly Lomulo.
Ms Martin brings on-board expertise in developing and training young people transitioning between formal education and the employment market.
“It is an honour to be part of a dynamic organisation that represents a very important part of our economy – the private sector,” said Ms Martin.
“I look forward to working with the Board and Management to achieve SICCI’s goal but more specifically to encourage young entrepreneurs to grow and become members of SICCI as well.”
Mr Molea, who is managing director of the Didao Development Corporation Limited that operates the fuel retail Didao Service Station in Honiara, said he’d like to add more voice to the country’s economy through the SICCI Board.
“I’d like to add more voice to the private sector which is the engine room for the country’s economy and SICCI is the only avenue this can be done through,” he said.
His success as a Small Medium Enterprise (SME) is welcomed by the Board as 60 percent of the SICCI membership are SMEs.
The SICCI Board is made up of 11 directors. Eight are elected annually and three are co-opted by the elected Board.
The 2017 - 2018 SICCI Board now consists of the following;
- Jay Bartlett (Chair), Director of Hatanga
- Katalaini Ziru (Vice Chair), Managing Director of Law Corporation Pty Ltd
- Jan Arie Smit (Treasurer), General Manager of SolBrew
- David Quan, Managing Director of Quan Chee Corporation
- Lilly Lomulo, Human Resources Manager of Solomon Tobacco Co.
- Sebastian Ilala, Managing Director of BJS Agencies
- Frank Wickham, General Manager of NFD
- Craig Gibsone, General manager of GPPOL
- Rose Martin, Coordinator of Youth@Work
- Toata Molea, Managing Director of Didao Development Corporation Ltd
Solomon Islands Chamber of Commerce & Industry
1st Floor, Suite 223, Hyundai Mall,
T: (+677) 39542
T: (+677) 39543
F: (+677) 39544